Ad

.
 

Ah! Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Like a child waiting, I get excited when the clock strikes 1:00 am. Fifteen minutes prior, I change into my fave comfy outdoor clothing, jeans and tank top. I sit and relax with my mobile next to me waiting for a text that says "Hi love, I'm at Yankee". That's my cue! I get up, wear my boots, take one last look at the mirror making sure my man finds me attractive when I meet him halfway towards the train station.

Since moving to the Bronx, walking with Kev to the train station  and meeting him halfway when he comes home have become a daily habit. The walk takes approximately 10 minutes. During that short period, we talk about anything from  random person's silly outfit to a serious political issue, whatever thought that pops out at the moment. At the top of the train station  just before he swipes his metrocard, we kiss and wish each other a good day ahead. At night, when he comes home, I meet him halfway and we talk about how the commute went and how work had been. 


Everyday to work he carries the same satchel and lunch bag. But when he comes home, he carries extra, a long stemmed red rose. Once a month, he brings me a bouquet of roses. I always feel special. I feel so much love. The thought that he has to stop by the flower shop at around midnight before he walks into the subway to his transfer train, protecting my rose while standing in a packed commute, that thought makes me think, what have I done to deserve this love and what can I do more to make him feel the way he makes me feel? Growing up, I have observed how my mother and grandmother care for their spouse. They do it passionately. Their patience, being consistent with their care tells me that is true love. They have kids, work, house and themselves to attend to but they put their spouse on top of the list.  Learning from them,  I want to love like that. I want to love passionately  and endlessly. Believe it or not since I was little, I consistently ask and pray for the same three things. To love is one of them. What I have now is an answered prayer. I don't ask for it anymore, I give thanks for it everyday and pray for it to last. By the way, I still get excited every time I get a rose. Funny thing, I notice these beautiful meek creatures also have insecurities. I'm telling later.



So recently, I'm not only getting a rose but also a delightful treat. I wonder if he is loving me more? Then, if he loves me EVEN more, does that mean I get an 8" cake three to four nights a week? Ah, those silly thoughts!! He said, it makes him happy seeing how my smile brightens when I look at the delicious treat. How fast I can finish that cupcake is remarkably outstanding. I can compete and most likely win a sweet tooth competition! I did once against three males thrice my build, I can do it again! The delightful treat that makes me behave like a little girl is the red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting. He gets it somewhere in midtown Manhattan next to the flower shop where he buys my rose. He is a regular customer there now that according to him, the week when he was sick and had to come straight home, the vendor asked where he had been. I guess he is their expected midnight customer.


Always at night on my way to meet him, I scan through the faces of people walking uphill  from the train station. When I see him, I look at his face so our eyes meet. Lately, after I spot him, my eyes travel farther down to search if there is a white plastic bag hanging next to the lunch bag before I lock my sight back to his face.  I'm giggling realizing how this little cake makes me feel so childish. One Saturday, Kev brought me to the bakery where he gets the cake, there were a lot of mouth watering beautifully sliced cakes but I only delight on this red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting!   Another good thing is that Kev doesn't have a sweet tooth so I have no one to share it with. Thank goodness!

Popular Posts

 
My Crowquill © 2011 SpicyTricks & ThemePacific .