Ad

.
 

My First Craft was My First Sale

All of the wooden craft boxes that I design are bought raw and unfinished like the picture below. They come in different styles, sizes and shape. In fact, the box in the picture was actually the first box that I crafted and was my first sale. It was sold three days after I posted it on www.etsy.com/shop/BellaFinesse


In the beginning, the thought of designing the box was overwhelming. There were so many ideas and I was clueless how to begin.  I had to start somehow and to make that happen, I had to narrow down  the myriad of concepts into a concrete theme. To do that, First I had to know what materials/tools were available for me to work on.  Second, I had  to figure out what approach I can utilize with the materials/tools on hand? (This part could still be mind-boggling especially if you have too many stuff but to make it easier, pick ONE tool/material, even if that means you have to play "Mini Mini My Nimo"). Well as for me, my attention was drawn to a stencil. Third, once I had decided which main material/tool to use, I thought of a general design, vintage? modern? country? bold? etc. Since what I picked was a vintage stencil, I decided to have a vintage design.Fourth, I had to figure out what kind of  clientele I'm marketing this to.  This helped me narrow down to a theme. Since it was my first box, I wanted to play safe. I wanted it simple and general, nonetheless appealing so I decided on a "Vintage Memory" theme.  




In this design, I picked wood finish stain for it is a safe yet beautiful color to work on any design. It's also natural, hence its acceptably trendy with any vintage stencil. I picked green and brown to highlight the stencil because earth colors bring out  serenity to the spirit.  I artificially stained the paper and burned the sides to conceptualize a vintage memory which is also the inscription inside the keepsake box.

Popular Posts

 
My Crowquill © 2011 SpicyTricks & ThemePacific .