Ad

.
 

What's new Day 2




DAY 2

I've been working on this box for a couple days now,  probably 3 days. Any craft making that takes me more than two days to work on is a difficult project. Lately, I've been experimenting on wood carving. I am self-taught collecting experiences through trial and error. Of course I refer to www.youtube.com for inputs. I do have a teacher who is more of a fan than a critic. Every time he sees the progress of my work, he always says something good and if there is anything better that can be done, he offers suggestions and I always follow them. He plays a big role in all my creations. He is my inspiration, motivation and adviser. We shop for materials together and we both listen to each other's ideas. He is my perfect teacher, and the greatest partner. He is Kevin.




This is the second box that I'm carving. The design is totally different from the first. Here, I sculpt more delicate curves. Since I carve out most of the body of the box, it is a lot more work. It's not done yet but I have to say it is coming along beautifully. Hopefully, I can finish this over the weekend. When it's ready to sell, I'll be sharing the tools I used and the procedure as well. For comparison, let me share to you my first carved box which I posted for sale on etsy. Pls. click the link:  http://www.etsy.com/listing/156092637/bon-appetit-recipe-box?ref=shop_home_active

Popular Posts

 
My Crowquill © 2011 SpicyTricks & ThemePacific .